Friday, July 31, 2009

PostHeaderIcon Upcoming WEG Events

So its sort of an exciting time here in the midwest because next year, Lexington KY, which is about 3 hours away, is going to play host to the World Equestrian Games. Over 600 horses will be present in pretty much every equine competitive discipline out there. The logistics of the whole thing have got to be completely crazy.

While surfing the web today, I came across an interesting article on the Quarantine location for the games. It looks like they're going to be turning part of the parking lot at the Cincinnati airport into a quarantine facility.
Here is a link to the article.

And so discussion of WEG begs the question of whether or not I plan to attend. The best I can do right now is "I'm thinking about it." I looked into what it would take to be one of the many official event photographers, but it appears that in order to get a media pass, one must actually be associated with the media. Hmmm. Go figure! One of the issues everyone will face is where to stay. I suppose the good news is that if I decide on an event (or events) to watch, I live close enough that I could actually drive home and not have to get a hotel. While a round trip in one day to Lexington is not ideal, I've done it before for Rolex. And if it meant the difference between going and not going, I would most likely do it just to say I got to go. :)

0 comments: